This asparagus salad recipe stashed has Japanese influence. It makes a nice refreshing starter or appetizer.
1 bundle of asparagus
1/2 green bell pepper
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
3-4 tablespoons oil and vinegar dressing to taste
- Wash the tomato, onion, green bell pepper, drain thoroughly
- Peel and chop the tomato into coarse cubes
- Peel the onion and together with the bell pepper, chop finely
- Mix the chopped vegetables together and add the oil and vinegar dressing
- Wash the asparagus
- If the asparagus are quite big, the skin near the ends can be quite tough. Use a peeler to take it off
- Blanch the asparagus in a small pot of boiling salt water
- While it is blanching, prepare a bowl of cold water
- Remove the asparagus from the pot and immerse it into the cold water.
- Drain thoroughly and season with some salt and pepper
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate
- Place the chopped vegetables with dressing on top of the asparagus
By immersing in cold water, the asparagus wouldn’t over-cook and the colour stays vibrant green.