These bacon wrap enoki mushrooms have only 2 ingredients – bacon and enoki mushrooms.
I made these bacon wrap enoki mushrooms twice for family gatherings. It is an easy finger food recipe. I pan-grilled them the first time but popped them into a pre-heated oven the second time. I have also tried thinly sliced pork instead of bacon. Although the smoked bacon imparts more flavour, it is also saltier. The thin pork slices also offer a different texture.
You can also make these wraps for a BBQ.
- 1 packet enoki mushrooms
- 150 grams bacon slices hickory smoked OR 150 grams pork thinly sliced
Seasonings for Pork Slices
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- Pinch of salt
- Remove the roots of the mushrooms and cut the mushrooms in half
- Soak them in some water to remove any grit
- Count the number of bacon slices. Prepare as many portions of enoki mushrooms
- If you are using thin pork slices, then marinate it with the seasonings and let it stand for about 15 minutes
- Wrap each portion of enoki mushrooms with a bacon slice. If you want to make the roll more secure, you can secure with toothpicks or bamboo skewers
- Line the enoki wraps in a flat grill pan
- Place the pan over medium high heat and cook the wraps till golden brown on all sides, turning them to brown them
- You can deglaze the grill pan with some red wine or water to make a sauce
- Drizzle the sauce over the wraps before serving