Bok choy recipe with shiitake mushrooms stashed!
This is a simple shiitake mushrooms and bok choy stir-fry but it is ultra yummy. Replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock to change this into a vegetarian stir-fry.
Bok choy is a very easy-to-eat green leafy vegetable. Mild tasting and crunchy. It cooks fairly quickly, so it is suitable in quick soups and stir fries.
- Separate the bok choy stem by stem and wash them thoroughly
- If the stem is too big, separate the leafy part from the stem part
- Rinse the fresh shiitake mushrooms quickly under running water
- Remove the stems and cut into half
- Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in a wok
- Gently fry the onion and ginger until their fragrance is released
- Add the chicken stock and soy sauce and bring to a boil
- Add the mushrooms and bok choy
- Cook uncovered until the bok choy is soft but still crisp green
- Drizzle some sesame seed oil and serve