I saw this healthy chicken pockets recipe in JurongHealth magazine. Clipped and stashed!
These can be prepared in advance for breakfast on-the-go or a handy snack. Protein-packed wraps. Pocket-sized goodness. Portion listed serves 2.
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast
- 2 slices tinned peaches
- 2 tbsp non-fat yoghurt
- 2 tbsp low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 small tomato
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- Shred or chop the cooked chicken breast. Set aside. This is a great dish for leftover roast chicken
- Drain the peach slices and chop into similar sizes as chicken breast. Set aside.
- Chop/Julienne the lettuce leaves into thin shreds. Use a mandolin if you are using a head of lettuce. Set aside
- Chop the cucumber into small cubes. Set aside
- Chop the tomato into small cubes. Set aside
- Slice the pita bread in 2
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the pita bread
- In a bowl, mix the peaches, cucumber, tomato with the yoghurt and cottage cheese
- Place the shredded lettuce and chicken into each pita pocket and add the peach mixture on top
- Wrap each pocket in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
You can replace the pita bread with tortilla wrap. Place the chicken, lettuce and fruity cheese mixture on a tortilla wrap. Fold the rounded end and roll from the side into a tight roll.