Run for weight loss with these common sense techniques.
I am sure you have heard that one of the most efficient ways to lose weight is a combination of exercise with a healthy diet.
Run for weight loss is a very popular choice for people trying to lose pounds and burn calories. This activity is considered very effective if it’s done right. But there are some things to plan ahead in order to enjoy the full benefits of running to lose weight.
1. Combine running with walking
When you first start running, your muscles need to be trained to become used to the physical activity. A combination of running and walking helps
- Start out walking for 15 minutes and then run for five minutes or until you feel tired.
- Slowly increase the amount of time running relative to walking. You will realise your stamina will increase and running for weight loss will become natural and an effective tool in helping you lose weight naturally.
2. Run at a slow pace
Some people think that the faster you run, the more calories you burn. But that may not necessarily be true.
For running for weight loss, you may want to start out at a slow pace. This will help your muscles adjust to the physical exertion by warming it up. You can gradually pick up the pace towards the middle and end of the run.
It will also improve the overall quality of the workout by pushing yourself harder at the end.
3. Set weight loss goals
When you are running for weight loss, be sure to set reasonable goals that will allow for consistent weight loss. What you want
It is advisable to run at least three times per week, but you can start with once a week first, before increasing your frequency. By maintaining a healthy diet, trust me, you will be able to lose weight confidently.
By following the above tips, you will be able to run and lose weight safely. Practice these tips consistently, and you will be able to achieve your weight loss goals in no time!
Using a programme
There is a simple, straightforward, step-by-step plan for fitness and Weight Loss by David Tiefenthaler.
This program guides you into an active lifestyle with four different exercise schedules. Learn how to set smart goals, eat right, walk or run so you lose the weight forever. Check Tips4Running out!
Before You Run for Weight Loss
If you are planning on running to lose weight, you will need to consider certain things before you dash out the front door!
- Please check with your physician first so you can set safe limits on your activities.
- Make sure you know the area where you plan to run. Is it level, or if there are changes in the terrain, you should know where they are, and be familiar with navigating them without tripping and falling.
- If you plan to jog in the evening, make sure the place you choose to run in is well lit.
- Keep a check on your hydration level. Remember to bring some water or a sports drink with you, for rehydration. If you know a place with a vending machine, then remember to bring some change!
- Stretching is extremely important since it reduces injuries. Make stretching a routine that you do before each run, and you can avoid stiff muscles when you finished running.
- Make sure you have a pair of good running shoes. Some shoes are designed specifically for running, and those are your best bet. They fit your feet closely and can feel like they are part of your body.
- Running is a great way to exercise and lose weight if done properly. To avoid accidents, keep safety in mind. Start slow, and work your way up. Losing weight doesn’t happen overnight, so give it time.
Don’t push yourself too far, expecting miraculous results immediately. Start with a few laps around the track maybe twice a week, then gradually up the frequency in the week. Your joints and muscles will thank you. Just get out and do it!